jeudi 12 mars 2009

Ski touring near Thones, and "freeride" at Chamonix

OK, I certainly can't really say freeride for my skiing style... But nevertheless, we went to Les Grands Montets, the world's "freeride capital" as they say. It was a good occasion for me to work my poor technique on truly excellent terrain, and surounded by all the impressive peaks from the Mont Blanc massif, Mount Everest included. Many thanks to my 2 lovely teachers of the day! Where present in particular Steph', Caro, Petra and Seb. Was funny at one stage, as the 2 slowest person of the band were the 2 males (i.e. me and Seb)... Who said I am a big girl???

The Saturday was good too, with some good touring in deeeeeeeeeep powder! We went to the Mountain range Les Aravis, with a large part of the Maureau's, and Donn and his van. The latest attracted a lot of attention all along the day, with many people pointing us as we were driving... It is still unclear why, it is such a nice van! So said Monique, who wants to get the same one now... After almost everybody left, a poor cat with a broken leg came to us (attracted by Donn's van?), to the greatest pleasure of Donn, and myself. It definitely deserved many caresses!

But the day was not finished... After buying a few kilos of cheese (who said I am fat???), I got a call from... Caroline, who didn't know where to stay for the night. Her and a friend of her (Petra) were in Chamonix on Saturday, and wanted to try to sneak into some conference hotel (they knew one of the participants of the conference), but without success... So I had a call at 6pm, asking me if they could stay at Donn&Jen's place for the night. After that, dinner (cooked by myself) and concert... All that made a full-on week end!

And sorry for the bad quality of the pics, I had wrong settings for most of them... I guess I had some other things in mind than taking pictures.




1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

I can't think of a better way to end a ski tour than with a friendly cat.

Donn