lundi 27 avril 2009

Week of holidays :)

I had last week off, which was supposed to be a full week of ski touring with Bruno and Xavier. As usual, Bruno managed to miss the occasion by doing one of his stupidities... He played badminton drunk, and ended with a a good sprain at one ankle. Xavier made a good one as well, screwing up his ski rental by arriving after the shop's closure. So we rock climbed the first 2 days, and as a punishment, Xavier took my snowboard and snowshoes for the first ski tour... He could discover how tough was snowboard touring! ;o) As a matter of fact, he won't start ever again, and we went to Lausanne to rent proper ski touring stuff for the remaining of the week.

We did in total 5 ski tours, with some snow powder every day, at least around the tops. Below, that was good spring snow... And bush skiing sometimes at the end... All of it was pretty good and varied, but unfortunately Xavier got an infected tooth (his cheek was looking like a balloon), and went back home prematurely, on Friday. Then I went to Aix les Bains, for some more skiing and climbing, but I sucked at both, and was feeling very weak both days... My excuse is that I was ill... Others will say I am a big girl... ;o)

Anyhow, that was a fun week. But sorry, no photos as I left my camera (with a few other things) at my parents' place the week end before... As I forgot my brand new sunglasses in Jérome's car yesterday... I guess you can't change when you are scatter-brained...

8 commentaires:

Travis Holman a dit…

Or perhaps weak like a big girl who is also deathly ill.

Unknown a dit…

Does that mean you might try training now? Or was the real problem that you were too strong for climbing as well as skiing?

Anonyme a dit…

This is off-topic, but I figured it was important given the readership of this blog. I photographed some rare birds in their spring mating dance while climbing near Aix-Les-Bains. The sound they make is quite unique, kind of like someone exaggerating the sound of eating a banana.

Here is the photo.Donn

Romaric a dit…

Thanks for all these "nice" comments, guys! ;o)

Romaric a dit…

To answer Dion, that depends what you are calling training... Is going to the bouldering wall or running uphill training? Or does it has to deal with tires?

Anonyme a dit…

I think it must involve tires.

Donn

Romaric a dit…

Then, the problem is I need partners to train with in that case... Anybody keen on dragging tires in Switzerland? Donn, or Oliver for example???

Travis Holman a dit…

I have only heard those kinds of birds when they are seeking out their mates. They make a different sound, something like "uh huh huh!"