mardi 15 mars 2011

Ngaruhoe with Jerome and Gaelle

By luck, my traveling plans intercepts with Gaelle&Jerome round-the-world, and we can catch up in NZ! I meet up with them in Wellington. As usual, the westerlies are on, with means average weather for tramping... Did I said that was a classic in NZ??? Anyway, we run to the east again, and get some good weather around Napier. After a quick visit to the Gannets reserve of Cape Kidnapper, we split, but decide to meet up again on the volcanoes, for the famous Tongariro crossing. Since I went there many times already, I propose them an original loop, via the Ngauruhoe and the Tongariro summits. This suits them since its a really nice loop, and this suits me since I never had the chance to climb Ngauruhoe. The reasons were:

  • not allowed by the guide the first time (I didn't really get the choice...)

  • bad weather the second time, with a bunch of friends from Palmy

  • not allowed by my mum and my aunt the third time

  • after some slacking around, not enough time the fourth time, with Matthieu “Burger”

So I was much happy this time, especially since the view from the top is worthwhile!




Aucun commentaire: