mardi 1 juin 2010

Being a "boulet"

The direct translation of "boulet" would be a prisoner ball, i.e. something you drag along without wanting it. It can be applied to 2 different kind of humans: the one who are sticking to somebody's else ass, and annoying him by doing so, and the scattered brain ones, which are mostly a pain for themselves, like myself...

The past couple of weeks, I had an quite intense period as a boulet. Here are a couple of examples:
- I broke the shared washing machine in my building by putting a carpet in it... Which completely disintegrated in small plastic pieces which blocked everything... Idiot!
- I went to the library to borrow some comics... I had forgotten my library card, so I had to come back the next day... When I forget my card a second time, so I had to come back the next day... From my work, it is about 45mins of biking, good for my fitness I suppose...
- Leaving my backpack in the train...
- Going back home from work especially to get some paper I forgot in the morning, and coming back to work without them... Some more bicking...
- Leaving my credit card in one shop...
- Last Thursday, I left my climbing harness after climbing at "the bridge". I came back the next morning, but my harness wasn't there... But Oliver's climbing shoes were there, forgotten at the bottom of the wall... We were a good team of boulets!
- Just this morning, while making coffee, I was thinking I was out of my boulet period since I haven't done anything bad for the last 2 days... When I came back to get my coffee, there was a lake of coffee in the kitchen. I somehow forgot to put the bawl in the coffee machine... :D

More is to come, I guess...

"Boulets are eternal"

4 commentaires:

Frenchie (the other) a dit…

More than luck will be necessary to your co-explorer for this w.e. in Paris. So "merde" to all of you guys, especially you Frenchie !

Anonyme a dit…

You should be in shape for the Tour du Mont Blanc à VTT this fall, Romaric. Keep it up. By the way, do you still have the umbrellas from the refuge in Traversella?

Donn

Romaric a dit…

Thanks guys for the "encouragements"! :D

Btw, I gave the umbrellas to Blaise, who was supposed to bring it back to the refuge...

mustaghattack a dit…

Long life to the boulets !!
Boulet n2.

PS: just a little scared for the coming weeks ;)