mardi 26 mai 2009

Long week end in Finale Ligure

Was a nice, but tiring week end. We started with Oliver by 2 solid days of rock climbing in Finale Ligure, supposed to be one of the best places in Italy... And indeed, it is good with some climbing on steep and excellent pockety limestone. The hit of the climbing was a small amphitheater, only accessible by going trough a cave!

The next two days were dedicated to a 24h mountain bike race, which we accomplished as a team of 8 people, including: Donn&Jen, Gabrielle, Nicolas, Christian, Mickella, Alex, and Oliver. Despite of being tempted by some more climbing, that was a lot of fun actually! As usual, I messed up a bit on my first lap, and took the wrong track, but got a bit better afterwards... The night rides were fantastic, I really loved this part... The last ride was good too, as I had the occasion to try out an excellent bike from the brand Niner, with 29inches wheels. 29inches wheel are good I reckon, even if they didn't prevent me to fly over the bar in one of the turn... This happens when you get to excited I guess...

And sorry, no photos, my batteries died after only a couple of pics... And somehow, my two spare sets where empty as well... How could that happen??? Some pics are here.

Aucun commentaire: